Simple yet elegant
There are 3 core components of MapServer as below:
- Mapserver engine : Developed in C++
- ControlPanel for settings: Developed in Java EE
- Map Data : provided by client (AfriGIS).
Map Image rendering
- Render a single map image on the fly by calling a url.
- Render a map as tiles on the fly by calling a url per tile.
- Highlight objects on the map image by specifying selection criteria.
- Multiline labelling
- Semi-transparent labelling
Map Objects Selection
- Retrieve map object attributes in XML format specifying selection criteria.
- Retrieve map objects as GML (WFS).
- Search for Map Objects in one layer based on objects in another layer (Buffer searching)
- Retrieve Map Objects in a specified radius from a coordinate.
Routing and Navigation
- Calculate routes based on various routeing parameters, e.g. Shortest Route, Quickest route with driving directions
- Supports one way and roundabouts.
- Support multiple VIA points
- Returns either text-friendly, route vector data or both
- Calculate the most optimal route for up to 10 via points (Travelling Salesman Problem)
- Optionally returns the result in compressed format to reduce the size of the response.
- On the fly route link penalisation (for real-time traffic)
- AfriGIS Shape file format (AGS) (A desktop application – AfriGIS Data Builder) converts between ESRI shape file format and the AfriGIS shape file format.
- PostGIS database (Memory and Disk based)
- Oracle database (Memory and Disk based)
- SQL Server database (Memory and Disk based)
© AfriGIS South Africa
- JAVA EE